BB King, Grilled Chicken, and Jalapeño Corn Muffins
Recently, I’ve been playing with some recipes (among 300 other things!). Spring is upon us and we’ve had a few lovely evenings; cool, crisp, breezy. The kind of evenings that inspire you to create something fun and interesting just to see if it’s a keeper & tweaker or just plain forgetful.
So, BB King is cranked up, I’m covered in confectioners sugar, and sticky from processing multiple dried fruits to make a fruit ball of some sort…don’t ask! This recipe is from on my favorite Blogger/Chefs, Molly Wizenberg. I’ve added a touch of lemon zest to this fun recipe to change it up some and because I have way too many lemons staring at me for some reason—did I have a crazy idea of “lemon this” or “lemon that” recently, and then life took hold of me and I didn’t get to follow through with the thought? Possibly…but really, who can have enough lemons anyways!
I also made some of my Moma Lena’s Cheddar Jalapeño Corn Muffins. Anything that was Moma Lena’s brings a smile to my face and warms my heart.
Since it’s getting late and I’m home, I decided to surprise Brandy, my hubbie, with dinner tonight! He loves coming home and smelling the kitchen in action. So to go along with Moma Lena’s hearty, creamy, and delicious Corn Muffins, we are going to have Grilled Chicken Breasts with Lemon Butter & Fresh Herbs. There are those lemons again!
Grilled Chicken Breasts with Lemon Butter & Fresh Herbs
- 2 Chicken Breast – boneless, skinless, and cleaned 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of Whole Milk Plain Yogurt 1 clove fresh Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 healthy handful of Italian Parsley (from the back-deck herb garden, of course)
- 4 Stalks of Fresh Thyme (also lives on the back deck!)
- 1 Lemon, zested & juiced
- Kosher Salt & Cracked Red Peppercorns— Don’t be stingy with these!
Lemon Honey Butter
- 4 Tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon of Honey…so, about a drop
Mix & Serve with Chicken once it’s finished
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and place in a ziploc bag.
- Combine rest of the ingredients and pour over the chicken; close bag tightly. Work all the marinade around the chicken. Let it marry for a while!
- Grill that bird to perfection.
- Top with Lemon Honey Butter.
- Finish the plate off with 2 of Moma Lena’s Corn Cheddar Jalapeño Muffins.
Oh yeah…pop open a bottle of crisp Pinot Grigio and get comfy on the deck listening to the still mountain and enjoy dinner with your honey!